Permanent Full Time Opportunity
Level 4 General Officer Stream - SAMSOA
Salary Range - $76808 - $82149 (depending on skills and experience)
The City of Mitcham is a 'place where people choose to work'. We have taken our staff through an exciting journey enhancing our Culture Brand which supports our purpose of building a great community.
As one of South Australia’s premier councils we are pleased to offer the role of Asset Management Officer. The City of Mitcham is a clean and green City – a good place to live and work. With an enviable blend of both urban and rural environments, a prestigious heritage and sense of tradition, Mitcham and its surrounds offer a unique experience for those tempted by cultural exhibitions and festivals, native bushland, heritage and architecture, scenic views and more.
City of Mitcham is committed to sustaining our community infrastructure and assets. The role will be part of a team managing an asset portfolio, which has a replacement value of $653.8 million consisting of:
- Sealed Roads – 405km
- Footpaths – 507km
- Bus Shelters – 160
- Pedestrian and Vehicular Bridges – 82
- Stormwater Pipes – 185km
- Stormwater Pits – 8566
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and career focussed individual who will be responsible for assisting with development, maintenance and continual improvement of Council's asset management data and systems, and working collaboratively with both internal and external customers.
To be successful in this role you will have the ability to;
- Work collaboratively in the development, maintenance and continual improvement of asset management data and systems.
- Assist with the asset condition assessment process including periodic inspections, assessment, measurement and interpretation of the data.
- Assist with the development of an asset data collection program and loading the data into a database or asset management system.
- Assist with end of financial year capitalisation processes including asset creation, disposal and valuations.
- Assist with the beginning of financial year processes, including preparatory work for new projects and the Draft Capital Works Program.
- Assist with the development the asset management policy, strategic asset management plan, asset management plans, asset life cycle models, planned maintenance framework and asset performance framework.
- Assist in developing levels of service including community, maintenance, operational, renewal and technical.
- Assist in developing maintenance plans for asset classes which includes inspection regimes, intervention levels and reporting requirements.
- Assist with the development of a risk management plan which incorporates treatments and operational activities.
- Provide asset management support to internal and external customers, including responding to Customer enquiries.
- Proactively develop and maintain respectful and positive relationships both internally and with customers and volunteers.
This is your opportunity to be part of a business with a passionate focus on customers and quality services.
If you are ready to bring your skills and experience to a challenging and highly rewarding sector, this opportunity could be for you.
- An Associate Degree in Civil and Structural Engineering or equivalent professional qualifications or proven experience in asset management with respect to roads, storm water, footpaths, traffic, car parks, bridges and lighting – desirable
- Graduate Certificate in Infrastructure Asset Management or Professional Certificate in Asset Management Planning – desirable
- Experience using Asset Management Systems and GIS software - desirable
- An unencumbered Australian drivers licence – essential
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office - essential
Please provide a Resume and a Cover Letter introducing yourself and outlining your experience knowledge and personal capabilities relevant to the role and address your application to Chris Haskas, Manager Engineering.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 19 July 2019