Full-Time Two-Year Contract Opportunity
Level 4 - Level 5 General Officer Stream – SAMSOA
Salary Range - $76,808 - $87,480 plus superannuation (depending on skills and experience)
The City of Mitcham is a ‘place people choose to work.’ We have recently embarked on an exciting journey enhancing our Culture Brand which supports our purpose of building a great community.
As one of South Australia’s premier Councils we are pleased to offer the role of Development Officer - Planning and call for applications from people who are passionate, collaborative, highly organised and prepared to embrace the culture at the City of Mitcham.
The position objective for the role of Development Officer - Planning is the facilitation of appropriate development outcomes within the context and framework set by the relevant planning legislation and the Council’s strategy and vision for the City of Mitcham.
Key focus of the role includes:
- Dealing with transactional development assessment matters relating to the Development Act and Regulations, and the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act;
- Development assessment tasks occurring to agreed standards of quality, quantity and time;
- Contributing to Council’s strategy and policy work program as required;
- Meeting and exceeding expected standards in relation to workplace policies, procedures and systems for risk identification, risk assessment, risk control and workplace health and safety.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Detailed working knowledge of the Development Act (1993), Development Regulations (2008), and the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act;
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills, and the ability to apply a flexible, lateral approach to problem solving;
- A high-level verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise objective professional judgement in a political environment;
- Experience in delivering a high level of customer service.
The successful candidate will hold tertiary qualifications in a relevant area (e.g. Urban and Regional Planning or similar) or lesser formal qualifications together with the acquisition of considerable skills and experience relevant to Developmental Planning.
Please click on the appropriate link and provide a Resume and a Cover Letter. For a confidential discussion please contact Tim Pride, Manager Development Services on 08 8372 8161.
Applications close 5:00pm Thursday 30 January 2020