Level 3 - General Officers Stream - SAMSOA
The City of Mitcham is a 'place where people choose to work'. We have taken our staff through an exciting journey enhancing our Culture Brand, which supports our purpose of building a great community.
The provision of responsive, efficient, empathetic and innovative home library services and the management of a team of library volunteers are at the heart of this role. You will have a high level of digital literacy and a genuine enthusiasm for assisting our customers to meet their information, entertainment and education needs using a wide range of resources. You will be creative, innovative and flexible and readily accommodate change.
You will have the following experience and knowledge
- A qualification in library and information management or equivalent and eligibility for Associate or Library Technician membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) – highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service environment along with a sound knowledge of the principles and practices underpinning quality customer service – essential.
- Demonstrated understanding the needs of housebound customers including the aged and people with disabilities – highly desirable.
- Experience in the coordination of volunteers – highly desirable.
- Knowledge of reference and information resources, the internet and online databases - essential.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to establish credibility, build and foster relationships, and gain the confidence of a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds –
- High-level verbal and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate, guide and motivate individuals –
- High level of digital literacy with a wide range of technologies – essential.
- Experience working in a public library – highly desirable.
This is your opportunity to be part of a dynamic team focused on delivering quality services and positive customer experience outcomes to our community.
Please provide a resume and a cover letter of up to 2 pages introducing yourself and outlining your experience, knowledge and personal capabilities relevant to the role (refer Section 3 of the Position Profile for full details).
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Andree Brett, Team Leader, Library Customer Services on 8372 8236.
Applications close Wednesday 22 January 2020