Senior Officers Stream - Attractive Remuneration Package to be negotiated
3 year fixed term contract
About the Role
Reporting to the General Manager Development Services and Community Safety, this senior role will oversee the critical planning and building functions for Council, and provide strong leadership for the team of around 25 staff delivering outcomes that make the City of Mitcham a place where people chose to work and live.
We are seeking applications from innovative and collaborative leaders with:
- Qualifications (or relevant experience) to attain Accreditation as Assessment Manager once Accreditation comes into effect - Essential
- Proactive, positive nature with the ability to negotiate complex matters to achieve successful outcomes and build strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to develop, mentor and lead a team of professionals modelling our Corporate Leadership Values
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Commitment to delivering exemplary customer service
- Sound understanding of the planning system, legislation and planning reform
- The skills to lead the team through a significant Planning Policy Program
- Holds an unencumbered Australian drivers licence - Essential
The criteria listed and position profile are indicative of the vacancy and applications are encouraged from appropriately qualified and experienced senior planning professionals, keen to focus on best practice systems and leadership development of high performance teams. Development opportunities may be offered for applicants that meet essential criteria.
This is your opportunity to lead a dynamic team focused on delivering quality services and positive customer experience outcomes to our community.
Please provide a resume and cover letter of up to 2 pages introducing yourself and outlining your experience, knowledge and personal capabilities relevant to the role (refer to Section 3 of the Position Profile for full details) and address your application to Craig Harrison, General Manager Development Services and Community Safety.
Applications close 5pm 22 July 2019
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Craig Harrison, General Manager Development and Community Safety on 08 8372 8885.