Permanent Full Time Opportunity– Level 5 SAMSOA
Salary $83,928 - $87,480 + Superannuation
The City of Mitcham is a ‘place people choose to work.’ We have recently embarked on an exciting journey enhancing our Culture Brand which supports our purpose of building a great community.
As one of South Australia’s premier Councils we are pleased to offer the role of Open Space/Playground Asset Officer and call for applications from people who are passionate, collaborative, highly organised and prepared to embrace the culture at the City of Mitcham.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and career focused individual who will be responsible for the provision of all asset planning and delivery of playgrounds and other Open Space Assets within the City of Mitcham, including provision of expert technical advice.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- An Associate Diploma or Diploma in Horticulture (or equivalent) – desirable
- Experience in the management of contractors and volunteers – essential
- Experience in conducting safety inspections and audits – essential
- Comprehensive playground/park inspection audit level qualifications – desirable
- Knowledge of a broad range of arboricultural and horticultural areas including plant identification, assessment and viability of health of trees and plants, disease pest and weed control, biodiversity and land management techniques – desirable
- Experience in the provision of training community and volunteer groups and dealing with community members – desirable
- Experience in the delivery of capital projects related to playgrounds and open space assets – desirable
- Experience in community engagement on projects and programs – desirable
This is your opportunity to be part of a dynamic team focused on delivering quality services and positive customer experience outcomes to our community. If you are ready to share your skills and experience in a challenging and highly rewarding sector, this opportunity is for you.
Please provide a resume and cover letter of up to 2 pages introducing yourself and outlining your experience, knowledge and personal capabilities relevant to the role (refer to Section 3 of the Position Profile for full details) and address your application to Rick Hennig, Acting Manager Natural Environments.
Application close 5:00pm 15th August 2019.