- Permanent Part Time Opportunity
- 0.6 FTE (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- Level 4 General Officers Stream SAMSOA
- Salary $76,808 - $82,149 + Superannuation (Dependent on experience & qualifications)
The City of Mitcham is a ‘place people choose to work.’ We have recently embarked on an exciting journey enhancing our Culture Brand which supports our purpose of building a great community.
As one of South Australia’s premier Councils we are pleased to offer the role of Payroll and Administration Officer and call for applications from people who are passionate, collaborative, highly organised and prepared to embrace the culture at the City of Mitcham.
About the Role
The Payroll and Administration Officer supports the Payroll Coordinator by ensuring that all pay related tasks are performed at a high level of accuracy and in accordance with Award/Council Determination.
This role will be responsible for:
- Processing end to end payroll with attention to detail and in a timely manner
- Ensuring that accurate records are maintained for employees including payments, deductions, tax instalments, classification, leave entitlements, leave records, payment authorities etc.
- Maintaining and reconciling superannuation contribution records as administered by the Local Government Superannuation Fund and workers compensation payments and claims.
- Ensuring that all payroll related statistical returns and reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Providing accurate and reliable information and advice regarding Award conditions, classifications; superannuation, deemed superannuation, leave entitlements, payroll deductions, staff statistics etc.
- In a backup capacity, providing an accurate, efficient accounts payable service in accordance with accounting procedures and Council's policy.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- An understanding of general conditions of employment and legislation relevant to employment contracts – essential.
- Sound payroll knowledge gained through experience – essential
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with figures, to prioritise workload and meet deadlines, and to apply a high attention to detail under tight timeframes – essential.
- Experience with the TechnologyOne Payroll System – desirable.
- Proven experience in the processing of payroll and Award interpretation for a large or diverse organisation – desirable.
- A good working knowledge of industrial awards, agreements, and superannuation requirements, particularly as they relate to Local Government – desirable.
This is your opportunity to be part of a business with a passionate focus on customers and quality services.
If you are ready to share your skills and experience in a challenging and highly rewarding sector, this opportunity is for you.
Please provide a Resume and a Cover Letter introducing yourself and outlining your experience, knowledge, and personal capabilities relevant to the role, and address your application to Luke Harris, Manager Finance and Procurement.
Applications close 5.00pm Thursday 17 October 2019