- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Level 5 General Officers Stream SAMSOA
- Salary $83,928 - $87,480 + Superannuation (Dependent on experience & qualifications)
The City of Mitcham is a ‘place people choose to work.’ We have recently embarked on an exciting journey enhancing our Culture Brand which supports our purpose of building a great community.
As one of South Australia’s premier Councils we are pleased to offer the role of Senior Customer Communications Officer and call for applications from people who are passionate, collaborative, highly organised and prepared to embrace the culture at the City of Mitcham.
About the Role
The Senior Customer Communications Officer ensures that customers experience an informative, relevant, professional and friendly service that will help to define the City of Mitcham’s brand and build trust. This role will be responsible for:
- Communications and public relations activities.
- Mentoring and coaching staff in areas including (but not limited to) communications, publications and community engagement.
- Preparing publications and content to proactively and effectively convey the business of the Council to the community clearly.
- Working with the business to ensure communication content is relevant and up to date.
- Coordinating proactive and reactive communication with customers through a variety of communication channels such as (but not limited to);
- Public website and internal intranet;
- Social media platforms;
- Signage such as street banners;
- Corporate publications such as advertising, on-hold message, etc;
- Mitcham Community News.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A qualification in Communication, Marketing or Journalism – essential.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in communications and public relations activities – essential.
- Experience in the implementation of engagement plans and in designing content relevant to specific brand and audience – essential.
- Sound knowledge of current principles and practices underpinning quality customer communications and understanding of various communication platforms – essential.
- Sound digital literacy, and advanced verbal and written communication skills – essential.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet set timelines – essential.
This is your opportunity to be part of a business with a passionate focus on customers and quality services.
If you are ready to share your skills and experience in a challenging and highly rewarding sector, this opportunity is for you.
Please provide a Resume and a Cover Letter introducing yourself and outlining your experience, knowledge, and personal capabilities relevant to the role, and address your application to Julie Lamond, Business Partner Communication and Marketing.
Applications close 5.00pm Wednesday 23 October 2019