- Fixed Term 2 Year Full Time Opportunity (with potential to be extended depending on business needs)
- Level 6 General Officers Stream SAMSOA
- Salary $90,441 - $96,368 + Superannuation (Dependent on experience & qualifications)
The City of Mitcham is a ‘place people choose to work.’ We have recently embarked on an exciting journey enhancing our Culture Brand which supports our purpose of building a great community.
As one of South Australia’s premier Councils we are pleased to offer the role of Senior Planner and call for applications from people who are passionate, collaborative, highly organised and prepared to embrace the culture at the City of Mitcham.
About the Role
The Senior Planner is an integral position within the Development Assessment Team, facilitating appropriate development outcomes within the context and framework set by the relevant planning legislation, and the Council’s strategy and vision for the City of Mitcham. While the role is being offered as a two year contract, discussions would be welcomed to secure the best candidate for the role. This role will be responsible for:
- Dealing with transactional development assessment matters relating to the Development Act and Regulations, and the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act, including complex development assessment matters;
- Development assessment tasks occurring to agreed standards of quality, quantity and time.
- Contributing to the ongoing improvement of processes to increase effectiveness and improve the customer experience, to Council’s strategy and policy work program as required, and to the compliance function of the business as required; and
- Day to day supervision of Planning Assessment work, including preparation of Council Assessment Panel reports, mentoring of staff and the allocation of work.
- Working collaboratively with other departments of Council to provide effective customer service and holistic project management.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A qualification in Urban and Regional Planning – essential.
- Holds an unencumbered Australian driver’s licence – essential.
- High level of self-motivation with the ability to establish credibility and gain the confidence of a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds – essential.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate, influence and motivate individuals – essential.
- Detailed working knowledge of the Development Act (1993), Development Regulations (2008), the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act (2016), and the Local Government Act (1999);
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills, and the ability to apply a flexible, lateral approach to problem solving; and
- Commitment to placing the customer at the centre of everything we do demonstrated through the provision of timely, reliable and expert advice on matters within area of responsibility.
This is your opportunity to be part of a business with a passionate focus on customers and quality services.
If you are ready to share your skills and experience in a challenging and highly rewarding sector, this opportunity is for you.
Please provide a Resume and a Cover Letter introducing yourself and outlining your experience, knowledge, and personal capabilities relevant to the role, and address your application to Tim Pride, Acting Manager Development Services.
Applications close 5.00pm Thursday 31 October 2019