3 Year Contract
Salary Range: $83,928 – 96,368
The City of Mitcham is a ‘place people choose to work.’ We have taken our staff through an exciting journey enhancing our Culture Brand which supports our purpose of building a great community.
This is an exciting opportunity for energetic and passionate individual who enjoys working closely with sporting clubs and the sporting community, who has a flair for negotiating and communicating ideas both verbally and in written form, and who understand the complexity of sports facility management. This role will be responsible for:
- providing advice on strategic planning / master planning of sports facilities,
- liaising with sports groups and the broader community about balancing the formal and informal use of Council’s sports grounds
- Preparing Council Reports
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience managing sports facilities with a focus on the associated challenges, trends and opportunities.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Highly self-motivated, creative and innovative
- Ability to adapt to changing and conflicting demands within a Local Government environment
- Hold an unencumbered Australian Driver’s Licence
This is your opportunity to be part of a business with a passionate focus on customers and quality services.
If you are ready to share your skills and experience in a challenging and highly rewarding sector, this opportunity is for you.
Tertiary qualifications in Recreation Planning or extensive sporting and recreational experience is highly desirable.
Please provide a Resume and Cover letter (maximum of 2 pages) introducing yourself and outlining your experience, skills and personal characteristics in relation to the position (refer to Section 2 of the Position Profile for full details)
Applications close 5.00pm Thursday 18 July 2019